Facebook

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Burger Gourmet - Downtown Oakland

I just had one of the most delightful experiences eating at a "mom and pop" type restaurant here in Downtown Oakland that I had to write about it. I had a 3:45 p.m. appointment and needed to eat a late lunch . . . really badly. I asked several bystanders where I could get a bite to eat within a tw0-three block radius but to no avail, no one could point me to a definitive location.

I stumbled upon a quaint restaurant with one of the original "open" signs in the window and decided that I wanted to grab a hamburger. I was greeted by a friendly sincere woman who was one of the owners of the restaurant. Upon exchanging pleasantries, she appeared to care whether or not I ordered the appropriate meal. I made a couple of suggestions while she bared with me but in the end I decided on a delicious bacon cheeseburger, french fries, and a Snapple Raspberry Iced Tea.

A few minutes after I started eating and logged onto my laptop computer, she came over to me and asked me how my meal was. I could not believe it. Customer service is one thing, but this visit to Burger Gourmet was remarkable and really moved me. Not only was my meal delicious, but the down home hospitality that I received was so incredible, that I had to share it with others. Please make sure you patronize this business.

No comments: