Please see below and vote often for this worthy cause. Thanks.
Kevin L. Nichols
President & CEO
KLN Publishing, LLC
Black Girls CODE (BGC) is one of three finalists nominated for a $50,000 grant by Bank of the West’s Philanthropy Awards 2012 for its innovative approach to empowering girls from underrepresented communities to pursue career ambition in technology.
See an announcement of the 2012 Bank of the West Innovation in Philanthropy Awards here:
With a click of a mouse you can help BlackGirlsCODE secure this grant from Bank of the West as part as their Philanthropy Awards by following these four easy steps:
1. Visit the Bank of the West Facebook Page:http://gowe.st/
2. Look at the BGC video and check out our story.
3. Vote for us and share with others.
4. Come back everyday until October 31st and vote again.
With this grant, BlackGirlsCODE can continue expanding our workshop to new cities and build a strong foundation on core initiatives that will help sustain our mission.
- In four short months we have educated over 500 young girls of color in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) through our one-day workshops and week long summer camp sessions. Our summer campaign was a great success thanks our supporters and volunteers.
- By 2015, we want to educate 10,000 girls in computer programming on a global scale and host BlackGirlsCODE chapters in different cities to help us implement after school programs and weekend workshops so we can truly eradicate the phrase “Digital Divide” and truly change the face of tech.
Being awarded the $50,000 grant from Back of the West’s Philanthropy Awards is a pivotal step in the growth of BlackGirlsCODE, we hope you can help us reach our goal by spreading this message and by voting every day until the end of the competition.
Post a Comment